logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AizenYPB  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:56:40 PM(UTC)
AizenYPB

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Currently testing the module on DNN 08.00.04 and noticed that the pages which have any open store modules on them such as product display, check out & the back office take up to 10 seconds to load the first time. Pages without these modules load quicker. I don't yet have any store content or images on these pages so can't understand whats going on. Would appreciate some insight or ideas to get them optimised.

Thank you

Andre
AizenYPB  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:59:28 PM(UTC)
AizenYPB

Man
United Kingdom

Once it has loaded once, going back to these pages the performance is fine, it's just the initial load - I'm worried about new visitors to the store getting put off by long delays. My internet connection here is 155MB download, 20MB upload and the web server is pretty good too. I have tried on multiple browsers to see the speeds. Will head over to pingdom to run a test shortly as I can't say for sure it's OpenStore modules.
leedavi  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:07:34 PM(UTC)
leedavi

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hi,
This sounds like the razor template compiling and shoud lonly be once. However, I've never seen that take 10 seconds.

Someone did mention a slow speed if they used the wrong template folders. Maybe this is the problem.

Use "ClassicAjax" on ALL module settings.

Use "Default" in the store settings as the fallback theme.

Let me know if this helps, if it does we need to look into why.

AizenYPB  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:29:47 PM(UTC)
AizenYPB

Man
United Kingdom

Hi and thanks for your reply. Yes these were already set in the templates. I have enabled ajax in the DNN host settings and it's improved a lot. Can you point me in the right direction of editing the buy button text in the store please? I tried to look in the manual but it's in french even when I click english version it doesnt change.

Also I want to have the store redirect straight to check out when a product is clicked on 'buy' but can't see how to do this in the back office as with NBStore 2. Sorry for asking these newbie questions here as I'm sure you have better things to do.
leedavi  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:04:05 PM(UTC)
leedavi

United Kingdom

Hi,

We're still trying to find time to do the translation.

But the integrator docs are in English: https://doc.openstore-ecommerce.com/#11506

To do what you want to do you'll need to alter the display templates. You best option is to place them at portal level so they don;t get overwritten.

You'll need to change the "ClassicAjax>ProductDisplayDetail.cshtml" and "ClassicAjax>ProductDisplayListBody.cshtml" templates.
AizenYPB  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:14:50 PM(UTC)
AizenYPB

Man
United Kingdom

Thanks again for your time and response. This version seems much more complex to configure than NBS 2 - as a lot of the options were in the back office before, and one could set the store to redirect users to the cart just by a radio button in the module settings of product display. I think I will have to spend quite a lot of time figuring out where all the same things have been moved to as they are now in cshtml files. So for now I will keep using NBs 2 until I can dedicate a few months to learning this one as this kind of stuff doesn't come naturally to me and working towards a deadline doesnt help my case much haha. Thanks again for developing such wonderful modules.
leedavi  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:24:24 PM(UTC)
leedavi

United Kingdom

I understand. The idea with this version is more based on the templates. The idea of settings to do the work of selecting options is still in scope, the settings in v2 only alter the template by testing for the setting. Unfortunately, Rob, who developed all those settings is no longer directly working on the project, and nobody has taken on the task of creating a theme that works using settings in the templates. But hopefully one day we'll be able to offer that option.

However, once you get use to the razor templates and the tokens you can use the flexibility of this new version is incredible. Build on that with plugins and you can adapt this version of the store to do nearly everything you can think of.